Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Daylight Saving grumbles

Recently Western Australia voted against adopting Daylight Saving after a 3 year trial.


Arguments against the scheme vary from the plausible: it adverseley affects farmers, as they need to keep cattle on a regular milking cycle and so their daily routine would be offset by an hour...


...to the ridiculous: curtains fade quicker (!!!). There was even an advertisment paid for by the "anti" lobby group claiming that DS contributed to an increase in car accidents.


And my opinion? Well it's probably pretty obvious by now. Twice now I have woken up to the sun beaming in my window, thinking that I had missed my alarm only to realise that it was 5.30am. Who needs daylight that early?! I would much rather have it in the afternoon so that I had more time to do stuff after work.


I really don't understand Western Australians sometimes. They are extremely change averse. As a friend of mine said, WA is short for "Wait Awhile".




Q: How many Western Australians does it take to change a lightbulb?


A: What? Change?!

No comments: