Saturday, March 7, 2009

Loophole

I have had my New Zealand restricted driving licence since October 2006, and in January I sat my test to get my full licence, which I failed (I thought maybe a tad unfairly, but that's just me...). Goodbye $120. I knew that full NZ licences could be transferred over to Australia, but did not know the rules with restricted licences, so was a bit worried that I would have to start the process from scratch. In Australia, the step after your learners licence is the provisional licence, which you have for 2 years before it flicks over to a full. What I discovered, to my delight, is that because I had had my NZ restricted for over 2 years, I was able to transfer it over to a full Australian without sitting a test. You beauty! So I guess now I am able to bring my full Aussie licence over to NZ, get it transferred, and not have to sit the test, which I have already failed.

What a loophole eh.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Lucky bitch! But hey, I guess you've already paid for your full licence test - so LTNZ (or what ever they are called now) have got the money they wanted from you anyway...